Sunday, September 13, 2009

Still Rightly Dividing

For some time now, I have observed some ‘grace preachers’ refusing to acknowledge their ‘KJV God-given’ office of bishop. They fill the office, but they substitute the title of it, opting for The Living Bible’s traditional word ‘pastor’ instead. As I watched their objections to the word ‘bishop,’ it caused me to look carefully at other words they use, misuse, or change. I listened closely and found that some of the doctrines being taught were not what the verses actually say. So I had to back up, and study the scriptures, without inserting a pre-conceived spin on them. When I read verses afresh this way, I discovered some over-looked or avoided things that are really the same, whereas for many years, my preaching has focused on divisions and contrasts in the scriptures. I am thankful for my renewed appetite, and as I digest God’s words, I intend to share them with others who are also hungry for meat. We need to eat a balanced, spiritual diet .... as we still rightly divide the word of truth.

This is David Dowell, saying, "Think about it!"